Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A New School Year

The last school year ended well, except that I was away for most of the final six weeks recovering from an operation. The school will not be using any advisors this year, so the company has moved me to a new school. The new school is for girls from grade 6 to grade 9. This will be new for me, I have never worked in a secondary school, although I have worked with teenagers at Tafe. I am part of a much larger team of advisors, and will be working with the English teachers. I am sorry to be leaving my old school, just when you build up good relationships with the locals, they move you somewhere else.
I had a flying visit to Australia in July, I visited my son, then went to Queensland to see my parents. They then came with me to London, to see my sister and her family.
When I arrived back in the UAE it was still Ramadan. During this month you are not allowed to eat or drink in public during daylight hours, which means you can't even go out for a coffee during the day. With Ramadan now over, the shops and restaurants are back to regular hours, so I went to Dubai yesterday and was able to have lunch at the mall.
I did hit the shops rather, I got a beautiful quilt for our bed from Zara Home, it is white with a delicate silver detail pattern. It looks French provincial, which is a decorator look I love.
I'll write again when I start at my new school, it is an amalgamation of two older schools to one new location, so there will be lots of sorting out to do, and I am sure we will be quite busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment