Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waiting.

I've been here two weeks now and am anxiously waiting for Mark to arrive. Days have been spent at the Rotana Hotel learning about what to expect in our schools, and the afternoons have been spent looking around the city and shopping for provisions. I have read three novels, and listened to so much music. I don't have a TV, so I've been visiting the apartment of one of my colleagues and now friend's to watch a bit of TV. Last night we were invited to a party by the Americans who live in the building next door. The party was in a villa on the edge of the city. Mostly the Americans work at the local airport, they are training the local people to work on aircraft. One of the men is leaving soon to go to Afghanistan where he will work on computers to deploy search balloons, and be paid very handsomely for his trouble.
I still do not have my own internet access, everything is taking such a long time to organise. I also need to open a bank account, but need to have a letter from my employer to be able to do this. Little frustrations that make life difficult. I am looking forward to going up to Jebeel Hafeet, the local mountain. At night the road is lit up and looks very beautiful. When I have my own internet access I will load some photos.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    I hope all is settling into place. I hope Mark has arrived by now and all is coming together. Looking forward to seeing some photos!

    ReplyDelete